Outreach and engagement events—by category
We offer seminars to individuals and groups at our Regional Office in Toronto. We cover a range of subjects from the fundamentals of the procurement process, obtaining security clearance, bidding on opportunities, supplying professional services to defence and security procurement.
Please click on a link to register for the event.
PAC Hosted Event
Federal Procurement Virtual Drop-in Café
Toronto, Ontario – Procurement Assistance Canada (PAC) Ontario Region in partnership with Competition Bureau Canada (CBC) is hosting a virtual drop-in Cafe on the federal procurement process on January 23, 2024 from 10:00 to 11:00. The Government of Canada believes that competition in the buying process brings the best value for money to Canadians, and CBC protects and promotes competition for the benefit of Canadian consumers and businesses.
Drop in to ask us your questions about the CBC and the federal process
To register for this FREE event, please fill in your personal information below.
January 23, 2024 | 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Toronto — Virtual | Meeting
North Bay, Ontario - Join Procurement Assistance Canada – Ontario Region in partnership with Anishinabek Nation and other government and local partners on December 12, 2023 for an in-person Indigenous Business Information Session in North Bay, Ontario at Anishinabek Nation Head Office; 1 Migizii Miikan, Hub (Front Doors). The session will highlight the Government of Canada’s efforts to meet and exceed the target of awarding 5% of the value of all federal contracts, including subcontracts to Indigenous businesses.
The session will include: (Components, presenters and event timings are subject to change).
- Introduction and opening remarks by Anishinabek Nation
- Federal Procurement resources and key tools for Indigenous businesses
- Public Services and Procurement Canada Ontario Region overview and major procurement initiatives.
- Defence Construction Canada *new
- FedNor *new
- Fireside chat with a former Indigenous business owner that will provide insights regarding their federal procurement journey and tips to succeed
- Networking opportunity for Indigenous businesses to connect with government officials
This event is intended for Indigenous businesses and entrepreneurs to support and encourage their participation in federal procurement and bidding on Indigenous opportunities
Help us shape the event by emailing any questions you have before December 6, 2023, to: email@example.com
December 12, 2023 | 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
North Bay — Anishinabek Nation Head Office; Hub Front Doors | Partnered Event
Toronto, ON - Join Procurement Assistance Canada-Ontario Region for a special webinar session on Mythbusting Federal Government Procurement and the Innovation for Defence, Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program.
Did you know that the Government of Canada buys $15-20 billion worth of goods and services each year? Do you think they only buy from big companies? Would you be surprised to learn that many of these contracts are awarded to small businesses in Canada? Let us help you decide if selling to the Government of Canada is appropriate for you.
Canada’s defence policy, Strong, Secure, Engaged commits to $1.6 billion of investment in innovations for defence and security over the next 20 years. The Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program is looking for your solutions to help resolve defence and security challenges. IDEaS will support the development of solutions from their conceptual stage, through prototype testing and capability development.
December 19, 2023 | 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Toronto — Virtual | Webinar
Seminar 1 - Doing Business with the Government of Canada
Toronto, Ontario - The Government of Canada purchases $22 billion of goods and services each year. This two-hour webinar provides key information about how to sell to the Government of Canada that will help you learn how to:
- Find out whether the Government of Canada buys your goods or service
- Understand the contracting process
- Register in supplier databases
- Build networks and promote your business
- Search for opportunities
- Take advantage of the procurement information on Buyandsell.gc.ca and Canadabuys
- Understand the security clearance process
- Bid on opportunities
Seminar 2 - Bidding on Opportunities
Toronto, Ontario - Would you like to learn more about how to bid? This two-hour webinar is designed for participants who are ready for a more detailed overview of the bidding process and provides key information to help you bid on opportunities, including:
- The different types of solicitation documents
- The main elements of a solicitation document and how to respond to them
- How bids are evaluated and suppliers are selected
- How to follow-up after receipt of the bidding process results
- Best practices, tips and suggestions
Seminar 3 - Supplying Professional Services
Toronto, Ontario - This two-hour webinar provides key information to help you bid on Professional Services opportunities, including:
The procurement tools a Government of Canada buyer may use for purchasing professional services, including:
- Task and Solutions Professional Services (TSPS)
- Task and Solutions-Based Informatics Professional Services (TBIPS/SBIPS)
- Learning Services
- How to register your business in Centralized Professional Services System (CPSS) ePortal and SELECT
- Key contacts
Doing Business with Government - Fédération des gens d’affaires francophones de l’Ontario (FGA)
Toronto, Ontario - Would you like to learn more about how to bid? Procurement Assistance Canada - Ontario Region, in partnership with the Fédération des gens d'affaires francophones de l'Ontario (FGA), is hosting a webinar entitled Bidding on Opportunities. This 1h30 webinar is designed for participants that are familiar with procurement, specifically looking for advice on the steps involved in bidding on federal government opportunities, including:
- The competitive nature of bidding on Government of Canada contracts;
- The different types of procurement that the Government of Canada uses;
- The main elements of a solicitation document and how to respond to them;
- How bids are evaluated and suppliers are selected; and
- How to follow-up on the bidding process.
To register for this FREE event, please follow this link: Register here.
December 12, 2023 | 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Toronto — | Partnered Event
For more information on our programs and services, you may reach us by using one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-Free: 1 800-668-5378
- Date modified: