Outreach and engagement events—OSME Seminars
These calendar results are filtered. Un-filter categories by clicking "View all" link.
We offer seminars to individuals and groups at our Regional Office in Toronto. We cover a range of subjects from the fundamentals of the procurement process, obtaining security clearance, bidding on opportunities, supplying professional services to defence and security procurement.
Please click on a link to register for the event.
Seminar 1 - Doing Business with the Government of Canada
Toronto, Ontario - The Government of Canada purchases $22 billion of goods and services each year. This two-hour webinar provides key information about how to sell to the Government of Canada that will help you learn how to:
- Find out whether the Government of Canada buys your goods or service
- Understand the contracting process
- Register in supplier databases
- Build networks and promote your business
- Search for opportunities
- Take advantage of the procurement information on Buyandsell.gc.ca
- Understand the security clearance process
- Bid on opportunities
July 08, 2020 | 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Toronto — Webinar only | Seminar
Seminar 2 - Bidding on Opportunities
Toronto, Ontario - Would you like to learn more about how to bid? This two-hour webinar is designed for participants who are ready for a more detailed overview of the bidding process and provides key information to help you bid on opportunities, including:
- The different types of solicitation documents
- The main elements of a solicitation document and how to respond to them
- How bids are evaluated and suppliers are selected
- How to follow-up after receipt of the bidding process results
- Best practices, tips and suggestions
Seminar 3 - Supplying Professional Services
Toronto, Ontario - This two-hour webinar provides key information to help you bid on Professional Services opportunities, including:
The procurement tools a Government of Canada buyer may use for purchasing professional services, including:
- Task and Solutions Professional Services (TSPS)
- Task and Solutions-Based Informatics Professional Services (TBIPS/SBIPS)
- Learning Services
- How to register your business in Centralized Professional Services System (CPSS) ePortal and SELECT
- Key contacts
Seminar 4 - Obtaining Security Clearance
Toronto, Ontario - Obtaining Security Clearance:
This webinar provides information on how to apply for security clearances and what is required for the application process. A security clearance is necessary when your personnel, under contract, will require access to Classified/Protected information or sensitive Government of Canada work sites. Obtaining a security clearance can be a lengthy process. This seminar will provide key information to help you better understand:
- The security requirements identified in the tender.
- The registration process to obtain a security clearance with the Industrial Security Program.
- The different levels of organization clearances and personnel clearances.
- Your responsibilities as a supplier.
For more information on our programs and services, you may reach us by using one of the following methods:
- Email: ONT.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-Free: 1 800-668-5378
- Date modified: